This website is an authorized affiliate of TurboTax.com
Table of Contents
Dependents Maximum Credit Adjusted Gross Income
0 $538.00 $15,820.00 (Jointly $21,710.00)
1 $3,584.00 $41,756.00 (Jointly $47,646.00)
2 $5,920.00 $47,440.00 (Jointly $53,330.00)
3+ $6,660.00 $50,594.00 (Jointly $56,844.00)
The EIC worksheet can be found in the instructions for the 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ tax forms. You can take a look at the information, and you will quickly realize how a tax software program will make this process much easier for you.
Your EIC worksheet can be filled out for you by using TurboTax Online. You can have confidence your worksheet is prepared accurately knowing your information is placed into the correct box. You have the risk of losing quite a bit of money if you fill this out incorrectly.
1) Son, daughter, stepchild, eligible foster child, adopted child or a descendant of any of them like your grandchild.
2) Brother, sister, half brother, half sister, stepbrother, stepsister, or a descendant of any of them like your niece or nephew.
3) Adopted children are no different than biological children and foster children have to be placed with you by an authorized placement agency, or by judgement, decree, or other order of any court of competent jurisdiction.
1) Your child must be under the age of 19 at the end of the year and your child must be younger than you or your spouse if you file a joint return.
2) Your child must be a full time student under the age of 24 at the end of the year and younger than you or your spouse if you file a joint return.
3) Finally if your child is permanently and totally disabled at any time of the year, regardless of age.
For your child to qualify in the residency category for the credit your child must have:
1) Your child must have lived with you for more than half of the year in the United States.
TurboTax will walk you through the entire process of claiming the earned income credit and will help you get the biggest tax refund possible.